Saturday, June 11, 2011

Someone is remaking 'The Devil's Nightmare'

HorrorNews.net reports on an open casting call for a remake of the 1971 Eurohorror classic The Devil's Nightmare.

I consider the chances of this remake, now reportedly in pre-production, ever happening still very much in the air. The producers have a Kickstarter page set up to solicit funding, and they also have a Facebook page.

The original Devil's Nightmare is another one of the first Eurohorror films I ever saw. Like The Ghost Galleon, which I mentioned, coincidentally, in a post last night, I first encountered it on USA's late, lamented Saturday Nightmares show.

Remakes almost never turn out well, but I think I'd get a kick out of someone remaking a relatively obscure old favorite of mine like this.

Here's the spoileriffic trailer for the original:

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:04 PM

    It's been made and releases later this year... https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Devils-Nightmare/117143535033033

    ReplyDelete