- A new trailer for the Fright Night remake is out, and this one finally gives us a reason to see it: former Doctor Who star David Tennant as magician/vampire hunter Peter Vincent.
- Let's play the feud! X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn agrees with the consensus that X-Men: The Last Stand sucked, but Last Stand director Brett Ratner isn't taking that lying down. Ratner is fighting back by pointing out Last Stand made a boatload of money, which doesn't prove anything, actually, but whatever. First Class is still awesome, and Last Stand still sucks.
- Could Katie Couric's upcoming ABC daytime show mean the end of ABC's soon-to-be last standing soap, General Hospital?
- Columbia pictures is remaking Big Man Japan. This is a bad idea. Only the Japanese can make a movie this Japanese and this insane, and I mean that as the highest complement.
- Human Centipede Part 2 has been banned in the U.K. This reminds me how lucky I am to live in a country with a First Amendment, where I have the freedom not to see this movie of my own free will, thank you very much.
- DC reboot follow-up: The good news is, despite my fears, Grant Morrison's Batman Inc. will survive the reboot. It's scheduled to return in 2012. The bad news is this reboot is still tossing 25 years of character development out the window. I love Barbara Gordon as Batgirl as much as the next fanboy does, but there's a good case against putting her back in costume.
Also, how is keeping all of the recent Batman developments in continuity going to work with all of these other DC heroes getting rebooted and, in some cases at least, de-aged? Is Batman being to become the old man of the DC universe compared to everyone else? This reboot crap makes my head hurt.