- Disney and Johnny Depp's production company Infinitum Nihil are partnering to produce a feature-film version of the 1970s Darren McGavin series Kolchak: The Night Stalker, with Depp in line to possibly star.
- Luke Skywalker finally gets some professional help. [Cartoon]
- Spike Lee is directing a new version of the cult South Korean film Oldboy. There is nothing about that preceding sentence that is not a bad idea.
- Space Trivia: It has been one Neptune year since the discovery of Neptune.
- Father and son recreate 30-year-old space shuttle launch photo.
- This is totally not metal: A Swedish heavy metal fan has had his musical preferences officially classified as a disability.
- The California Highway Patrol has enlisted Erik "Ponch" Estrada to warn L.A. motorists about the upcoming "Carmageddon."
- The classic Christopher Lee/Peter Cushing/Telly Savalas horror flick Horror Express is coming to Blu-ray and special-edition DVD in a handy combo pack from one of my favorite niche home-video labels, Severin.
- Joe Bob Briggs visits Niagra Falls, aka the world's greatest tourist trap. (Related: "Niagra Falls! Slowly I turned, step by step. Inch by inch....")
- Dean Martin's hamburger recipe. Just add bourbon (chilled).
- The new teaser poster for The Dark Knight Rises just reminds me of one of the silliest Batman story arcs of recent years, "Cataclysm." Not impressed.
- The Retroist goes in depth with Re-Animator: The Musical. (Yes, that happened.)
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Late, late link-o-rama
So many goodies tonight, so little time...